Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spicy Chicken Dip

My aunt brought this spicy chicken dip to my sister's bridal shower.  It was so wonderful, that I asked for the recipe.  Now, everytime I make it, at least one person asks for the recipe.  Yes, folks, it's that good.  The recipe is kind of vague.  I didn't realize how vague it was until I had some high school students make it in my FACS class while I was teaching.  Because of this, I'll share a few things I like to do when making this recipe to help you out.  (P.S.  I always make a double batch if there are more than 6 or so people.  It generally disappears quickly...and if it doesn't, the leftovers never last long at my house!)

Spicy Chicken Dip
2 chicken breast ( grilled or sauteed in pan with olive oil, Mexican Spice and garlic.)  When I make it, I just use a packet of taco seasoning per batch.  I put the seasoning and the chicken in a gallon ziploc bag and shake it, shake-and-bake style.  I then cook it, covered, on medium high heat.  The seasoning tends to burn before the chicken is done in the middle if I don't cover it.

Cool the chicken and tear or cut into small pieces.  I found a way to shred it when it's hot...I don't like waiting:)  Make sure the pieces are small.  It is a dip, after all.  I made it for my cousin's baby shower, and was in a hurry, so I didn't make the pieces as small as they should have been.  It was more like an entre'.  Luckily, people still gobbled it up!

Mix together:

½ c. milk
½ c. mayo
8 oz cream cheese (room temperature) Just microwave it...it's all going to be heated anyways.  Also, I bet you can use fat-free or low-fat everything.  The other ingredients are so flavorful.
½ to a whole diced red pepper  I used yellow last time.  It tasted the same, but didn't look as appetizing:)
jalepenos to taste

Add all together.  Bake in casserole dish at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.  I'm not going to lie.  I always just microwave it until it's hot.  I'm pretty sure it would be perfect in a crock pot too. 

Serve it with tortilla chips, wheat thins, doritos...I sometimes eat it plain...

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment