Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Funday!

There are some things a I just hate admitting.  One of those things is that Monday has become one of my favorite days of the week!  Yes, I've had seasons in my life where Mondays royally suck.  So much so, that I got depressed on Sunday night. (check this out.  Warning:  may offend some and bring back fond college memories for others.  Either way, it's hilarious: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkngiz5L7s4)
Anyway, because I've experienced the suckiness that I see many of you complaining about on facebook, I truly cherish THIS season in my life:  the season where Mondays are my FUN-day!

One reason why I love Mondays is because it is my time to reflect on the weekend and re-coop, if necessary.  This weekend was Disciple Now for the high school and middle school students at our church.  It was a fun filled weekend. and I didn't have my camera for any of it!  I left it in my car, which Wes was using to tote around a group of guys.  BUM-MER!  However, I snagged this picture from Rachel's (one of my fav high school kids) facebook:)
The only group picture of the girls who stayed at my house...-2 of us.  Sad, huh?
We hung out, raked leaves for shut-ins, went to a ropes course, watched a movie, and learned what it takes to be uncommon:)  The event started on Friday at 7:00 and lasted until Sunday after church.  I'm pretty sure all of us had a blast and learned some valuable lessons in the process.  One of my favorite lessons was when our youth pastor, Chris Highfill, spoke on Psalms 1:1-3. 
It reads, Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.  But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.  Whatever he does prospers.  I will not go into detail about this verse, but if you really think about what it's saying, you'll see that it has so much depth!  Are you delighting in the Bible and thinking about God all day long?  I sure hope so!

Another big event that took place this weekend, is my sister and brother-in-law closed on their house and moved in!  This was bitter-sweet to me.  It's awesome that they are in their first home, but it is sad that they, once again, live kind of far away!  At least it's closer than it was when they lived in St. Louis!
Shawn's "home sweet home" pose in front of their beautiful new house in Marshfield.  I'm sure she'll appreciate this picture of her in her "movin' clothes"  :)
Because of this move, I am now able to finish my house tour:)
guest bedroom
other view:)


hall bathroom


It was very difficult to get a picture of this room.  It doesn't feel small when you're in it!  Apparently, I need a camera with a wide angle lens:)
Every once in a while I allow myself to splurge on something.  This shower curtain was one of those splurges:)

So...as you can see, I had a fabulous weekend:)

Now here's what I did today:
~Cleaned the house
~Did laundry
~Devised and put together my table decorations for Friday's women's event at our church (hope to post more on that later!)
~Picked up Wes's lost wallet at a limosine rental place:)
~Went to the flea market, and bought a small, spray paint project:)
~Planned our weekly menu
~Clipped coupons, made shopping list, and examined store ads
~Started making cloth napkins with a partially ruined table cloth
~BLOGGED!
Still to do:
~Finish BSF
~Go to Village Inn with Wes's family.

My favorite thing was going to the flea market!  I found some fun things.  Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures soon!  Right now, my computer is not letting me:(

So, basically, I love my Mondays.  They are restful, productive, and fun!

Now, I will leave you with some lovely pictures I found on countryliving.com of the colors I want in my future kitchen:)  Haha!  I was really excited to find them because I knew I wanted a brown kitchen, but I hated all of the examples that I found...until now!  It's perfect!  I love that it is light and bright, despite the darker color on the wall.  I also love the stainless stools.  What a delightful twist!

countryliving.com
countryliving.com


Hope you enjoyed another one of my ADD posts!!!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment